Managing Difficult Situations & Challenging Behaviours Workshop
Date: 02 Jun 2018
Time: 9.30am - 12.00pm
Location: Quest on the Bay
Address: 435-437 Nepean Highway, Frankston Victoria 3199, Australia
Map: Click here to view the map
Managing Difficult Situations & Challenging Behaviours workshop
In all workplaces staff are are likely to encounter difficult situations and behaviours, particularly staff working in healthcare because of their constant exposure to patients and their families. Managing an episode of aggressive or disruptive behaviour can be stressful for all involved, the challenge is to minimise danger and at the same time, maximise the opportunity for a positive outcome. Educating staff to effectively respond to difficult situations and behaviours is critical to preventing escalation of these situations and to ensuring staff feel safe in the workplace.
Facilitated by HealthEdge Training
This 2 hour course has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge to:
- Recognise early signs of aggression or disruptive behaviour
- Deal with difficult or challenging behaviour promptly, firmly and diplomatically
- Use communication effectively to achieve the desired outcomes
- Identify and select appropriate strategies to suit particular instances of difficult or challenging behaviour
- Ensure planned responses to behaviours of concern maximise the availability of other appropriate staff and resource.
Dates There are 2 sessions to choose from - this session Saturday 2 June or Tuesday 5 June in Brighton.