What is Partners in Recovery?
South Eastern Melbourne Partners in Recovery (SEMPIR) is a program that coordinates mental health support services in the South Eastern Melbourne region for people living with severe and persistent mental health conditions.
We aim to make it easier for you to get the support you need by putting your needs first. This is called ‘person centred care.’ We do this by linking you with a range of services and supports to help your recovery. At SEMPIR, we know that mental illness is a community issue, and that it needs a community response. We can help find the care you need in the community that you live.
Who is Partners in Recovery For?
South Eastern Melbourne Partners in Recovery is for people who:
- Live in the region (Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia)
- Have lived with severe mental health problems for a long time
- Need support from many different services
- Have trouble finding the mental health help they need
- Give consent to be involved. This includes being willing to work with a support facilitator*
* A support facilitator is an allied health professional who supports you with your recovery by finding out what your needs are and linking you with the right services.